The Remarkable Recycling Gala is a one-day event, on Sunday 2nd July 2017, 11am-4pm, at the Ukrainian Centre, using art to highlight the issue of waste and recycling. All workshops, art & craft stallholders, filmmakers, performers etc. must base their work around this theme. Any questions, please get in touch via the contact page.
Stall holders (Craft Makers & Voluntary Organisations) are required to pay the stallholders fee of £20 to cover the licence fee and to have their contact details listed within the SAW brochure. Workshop leaders and other artists taking part in the Recycling Gala have the option to have their details listed in the brochure if they pay the Artist fee of £15 before the end of March 2017. Unless you are a stallholder, fees to take part in the Recycling Gala are optional depending on your wish to be publicised alongside other SAW artists and makers. The fees are a one-off payment and allow you to take part in Sherwood Art Week Exhibitions and Art in the shops as well.
If you are running a workshop, you are only able to charge for materials. You must agrre this charge with the organisers before the gala. You will be required to have your own public liability insurance and provide a risk assessment. All workshop leaders must comply with the Sherwood Art Week policies and procedures.
If you wish to perform, please ensure you perform your own piece/music and do not perform covers, as we would have to purchase a separate licence for this. Please ensure your performances are family friendly and do not contain any swear words.
If you wish to create a film, please ensure it is your own work, and do not use footage from other films. Please ensure all films are between 2 & 15 minutes long. These will be on a rolling loop displayed on the day. Films must be submitted in a format playable through a DVD player. Films must be PG or U certificate as this is a family event.
Makers, workshop leaders, exhibitors, & performers will be selected using the following criteria:
- Crafts that are actually made by the stallholder.
- Crafts are of good quality
- The person/organisation applying must be based either:
1) within NG5
2) within Nottingham
3) within Nottinghamshire
- If the person/organisation applying does not pay the SAW fee by the due date, the offer will be forfeited and given to someone else
- All work must be original and made by the person entering the event.
- Anything hazardous and a risk to safety will not be accepted - the organisers reserve the right to make the final decision in the event of a dispute.
- Your work should be clearly priced.
- There is no parking on-site Car parking is available on nearby roads and car parks.
- You are responsible for setting up your own stall and helping others to set up their stalls where possible.
- You must clear up your stall space at the end of the day (whether it is inside or if you are under a gazebo) and take away all rubbish from your stand. If you have a gazebo you are required to deassemble it before you leave.
- Insurance for your work will be your responsibility.
You are expected to comply with current legislation regarding the selling of the following; food, toys, items that look like toys, candles, home fragrancing and cosmetics. Required labelling and safety notifications, along with food hygiene assessments, where applicable, will be checked.